Write for Scribbler
WHY WRITE FOR US
- We have an audience of 17,000 newsletter subscribers and 40,000 social media followers we can share your work with.
- Your bio will be published alongside your article. Looking good, Scribbler!
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Nonfiction pieces between 400 – 1,000 words that are relevant to the writing and / or publishing community.
- When pitching, we accept fully written articles (preferred), partial drafts, or short pitches (a few paragraphs summarizing your story idea and why it matters to our readers). Please also send any samples of your writing.
- Authors who utilize a funny, divisive, or confident voice (we never publish snoozy pieces).
- Authors who either:
- Take a strong stand on a topic (ex. using ghostwriters)
- Have compiled relevant data our readers want (ex. Library circulation is down, and here’s why it matters to writers)
- Offer unique experiences (ex. attending a writing conference alone).
HOW TO SUBMIT
Email us your submission. We prefer submissions as Google documents so that editors can provide feedback and guidance within your draft, but we’ll accept other formats. Please do not include photos with your submission, though we may ask for them later, if relevant.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT
- An editor will review your submission and determine whether it’s a potential fit.
- If accepted, you’ll work closely with a Scribbler editor to ensure your piece is ready to be published (we rarely accept articles as-is).
- We’ll schedule you for publication as soon as revisions are complete.